Conifer is a premier real estate development and property management company with over 200 properties in the northeast. Conifer's previous site was built on the DotNetNuke (DNN) CMS platform and was not user-friendly for clients to make their own updates. Over the years, Conifer has built separate sites for their market rate properties. Some were built using WordPress and others used a hosted solution. This presented a challenge to maintain these disparate properties.
New Website Objectives
Primary objectives for site redesign included:
- Update its outdated look and navigation
- Incorporate Conifer's new branding guidelines
- Conifer was seeking a modern fresh design with interactive features like live social feeds and a robust property search widget
- Design new site so all properties could be housed on one CMS platform
- Design site using Responsive Design for mobile optimization
- Nine separate custome template designs were needed for the market rate properties
- CMS had to allow over 200 vanity domains for each property to point directly to their individual landing page
- Each property needed to have standard design guidelines, but also allow each property manager to customize their own content including photo gallery, social media links, contact information and floor plans
- Custom backend interface allows Conifer to add new market rate properties and customize their design including header and footer
New Web site was launched in December at the same time Conifer revealed their new branding and moved into their new headquarters on University Ave. Mason Digital also produced a new overview video for the Home page featuring Conifer's CEO, Tim Fournier. Site was built on the Joomla CMS platform as it offered the flexibility that the client desired to house all their properties under one roof and provides one access point to make updates. We also customized the style sheets so Confer can stylize their own template when they bring on a new market rate property in the future.
Since site launched, Google analytics shows a 38% increase in organic traffic over the previous year. The next project phase will be to optimize the entire site for the search engines. Ultimately, this project saved Conifer thousands of dollars per year in hosting charges as they were able to combine ten hosting contracts into one.
Mason Digital also provides digital marketing support managing several property AdWord and video pre-roll campaigns as occupancy dictates.